Survival of the Fresher


Survival of the Fresher

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 
_______________________ _______________________ _______________________ ________________________
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


Letter to the younger self ________________________________________________________________




My dear friend
I am glad that l am at university now but my dream was nearly shattered by my carelessness. I call it carelessness but you should understand that l did not do it willingly. I was my wrong perception of university that drove me to think that studying at university was quite easy as compared to high school. My sister l was mistaken. University is not like what we used to say it is. Remember when we used to talk about it and say that it is as easy as eating porridge, l discovered that it is the other way round. Studying at university really needs 100% commitment and good planning.
During my first week, l really had a good time and l totally forgot that l was actually here to study not to party and sleep. I only came to my senses when l was left with only three weeks to write my June exam, that’s when l started to realised that l was playing with fire. Duly performed certificate warnings started to come from almost every subject and my sub-warden actually threatened to kick me out of residence if l continued to perform badly. It came as a shock to me and l was actually afraid that I did not even tell my parents what was going on in my academic life. I talked to my warden and she helped me plan and draft a study timetable l was to strictly follow. It was a difficult time for me but l learned my lesson; never ever underestimate some things in life. Take everything serious and you will make it. I realised that good time management is the key to success at university.
During those remaining weeks l worked tirelessly day and night. It was tough and you know how is it like to study under pressure and fear. I was afraid that l will not make in my exams but l thank God who continuously strengthened me and l don’t know what l would have done without Him by my side. Please my sisters if you come this side do not lose focus, plan your work and manage your time wisely. Remember that forewarned is forearmed; take it from me my sister.
Regards to everyone that I know and continue to pray and God will do miracles in your life.
Your loving friend,
Christine.

Labels:


posted by Survival of the Fresher at 3:12 PM >0 comments

0 Comments:

<$BlogItemComments$>
<$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDateTime$> <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home
Link
Link

Links

Link
Link
Link
Link

Listed on BlogShares

Description

First Years - the KINGS and QUEENS of our blog and some Villains! They, are what our blog is made of: SURVIVAL OF THE FRESHER! We explore their "sunny side up" days and and their "underdone" days as well as everything inbetween...Some juicy stuff!

Archives

September 2008 October 2008 March 2009 June 2009 October 2010

Powered By





 

Google AdS